Empowered Girls, Inc is committed to community partnerships with local schools and other organizations which will develop meaningful interactive relationships. Our organization is committed to participating in specific activities that will provide a community outreach. The designated programs are the following:
-backpack giveaways –
-coat, socks, shoe giveaways
-community clean up
Community Program Partners
We will work to partner with designated organizations in volunteering our time to support their cause. This will deepen our working relationships in the community and build greater community support. Also, this will expose the girls to other organizations that have meaningful visions and purpose that are impacting the community.
- 2nd Harvest Food Bank
- Community Suc HRS – Building Resume
- No Kid Hungry
- Ronald McDonald House
- Clean The World
- Orlando Ballet Program
Empowered Girls, Inc will partner with professionals in the community which are looking to give back. Mentorship will play a vital role in the development of the girls. A mentor may share with a mentee information about his or her own career path, as well as provide guidance, motivation, emotional support and role modeling.
- Make decisions and set goals, keep motivated and focused on her goals
- Nurture her confidence and self esteem
- Listen to her and help her solve problems.
- Improve in school.
- Introduce her to new ideas, activities and opportunities.
- Prepare her for college and other training.
- Meet successful people.
- Educating the girls on Financial Literacy (i.e. savings, credit awareness, college tuition and getting a job).
Community Involvement Programs
- Next Step
- Writing letters to sick children and service men and women